I followed Heather into the bathroom. She knelt at the toilet with desperation. Heather vomited harshly a few times and then told me to get out of the bathroom and close the door.
I left the bathroom and closed the door. I began to walk away and heard a loud crash, like everything had fallen down and smashed on the floor of the bathroom.
I opened the bathroom door and saw Heather unconscious on her back covered in vomit. Her head had somehow wedged in between the sink and the towel cabinet and she was laying at a bit of and angle. My first thought was that Heather had finished vomiting and tried to get to her feet by pushing off of the toilet seat and somehow slipped and fell back and hit her head on the sink.
Without moving her, I checked her over for any signs of head trauma. I checked her mouth and ears and nose for any signs of blood. While I was doing this, Heather began to snore heavily as if she was in a deep sleep. This worried me. There were no obvious signs of injury to her head that I could detect. I called out to her by name "Heather!" she did not move. I yelled this time "Heather!!" again no movement. Panic began to set in hard. She definitely didn't hit her head on the sink.
I slowly and carefully moved Heather inch by inch so that her head was free and in line with her body. I called out her name again "Heather!!" nothing. I slapped Heather across the cheek and screamed her name HEATHER!!! Her eyes slowly opened. She looked glazed over and sluggish. I told her that she had hit her head really bad. I asked her to tell me my name. Heather said "Glenn". I was shocked. I said "no baby...focus on me...whats my name?" Heather's face turned to desperation and she cried "Sammy and Auto!" and then fell back unconscious...
-more to follow-
No comments:
Post a Comment